The Tuition Fee paid is not refundable, except in the following circumstances:
If you are an international student and your student visa application is rejected in writing by the Embassy of Czech Republic. Should your student visa application be thereby rejected, you must provide the following documentation to the Registrar or the Finance Department before a refund of the Tuition Fee Deposit can be approved:
- A written request with your original signature and a completed Refund Application Form. The amount sought should allow for EUR 150.00 administration charges payable to the College. The refund request must be made no later than four weeks after the visa refusal date.
- Originals of admission related documents issued by the College
- Original of visa application rejection documents issued by the Embassy of Czech Republic.
- Photocopies of all pages of the passport.
In case of a visa refusal Tuition fees paid by the student after deducting administration charges would be refunded within 90 days.
In the event of a default by Czech College due to the following circumstances:
- If Czech College does not offer the course you are enrolled for within 60 days of advertised commencement date.
- If Czech College terminates your course after the advertised enrolment date and before the completion date.
The Tuition Fee Deposit will not be refunded if you are found to have used fraudulent documents to support your application to Czech College for a place on a course or to support a student visa application.
Czech College reserves the right to substitute any alternative education provider of similar standing in place of the education provider as published by the awarding, validating or supervising provider for any of its courses. Such a substitution does not constitute a default by Czech College.
Procedures for claiming refunds by Home students (not needing a visa to enter and remain in the country) Once you have accepted an unconditional offer of a place on a course offered by Czech College, you are liable to pay, in full, the total tuition fees payable for the whole year of the course.
However, if you withdraw within two week of the course’s advertised enrolment date, you will only be liable for 50% of the total fees payable for the whole year of the course. Any fees paid in excess of this amount will be refunded.
A refund request must be submitted in writing no later than four weeks after the course’s advertised enrolment date. The Registrar or the Finance Department must be notified in writing of the reason for seeking a refund at least one month before the scheduled start of the course along with supporting documents which include:
- A completed Refund Application Form. The amount sought should allow for EUR 150.00 administration charges payable to the College.
- A written notice of withdrawal from the course is received by the College.
Before the scheduled commencement of the course, the student may request the transfer of tuition fee paid to the same course commencing on a later date. This request will be placed before a Sub-committee in existence to vet such requests and the decision this Sub-committee makes will be final. The decision will be notified to the applicant in writing within 6 weeks of the request being received.
Refund applications (valid) received by the College after the Course has commenced
Only application for refund of the tuition fee relating to academic terms that are yet to come on- stream will be processed subject to the usual conditions.
Other facts concerning refunds
- All property belonging to the College in the custody of the student (including the Student Identity Card) must be returned to the College in good condition. The cost of property lost or damaged by the student will be made good in full.
- It can take up to 10 weeks for the processing of refunds.
- No interest is payable on refunds.
- Refund is made only to the party that made the payment to the College. Submitting proof of making the payment to the College will be required.
- All refunds are made subject to the covering approval of the Executive Committee.
- Students who submitted application for admission to join the College through their recruitment agent must apply through the same agent for the refund of the tuition fee.