Student help groups of Czech Republic
Getting used to a a new country, be it in study matters or local life in general, might be difficult for some students, especially at the beginning of their stay. They must get used to new places, people, habits and traditions or administrative matters. Therefore there has been established some student organizations within Czech Republic, which aim at helping incoming students to adapt to new conditions with ease.
The most known of them are perhaps the local sections of international student organization ESN (Erasmus Student Network) and its programme called Buddy System. These student units provide incoming students help in different areas, such as all the administration needed, but they also help them to get to know local life and people. Taking part in this programme is free of charge and brings to foreign students many advantages.
And how does the cooperation between you and your Czech buddy look like?
- You can get acquainted with your future buddy a few weeks before coming to the Czech Republic.
- Czech buddy will pick you up after your arrival and helps you with accommodation.
- Czech buddy will help you with all the administrative needed, be it at university or at different offices (e.g. helps you with arranging your student card, temporary residency permit, if needed, public transport pass etc.)
- Czech buddy will acquaint you with the operation of dormitories, university canteen, library, IT room etc.
- Czech buddy will be a support to you in case you get into any difficulties.
- Czech buddy will give you advices on good places to eat, to have fun, to visit…… and much more.
This student help groups also arrange many social events, such as trips, parties, picnics, celebrations, games etc. All the activities aim at mutual recognition of different nations and culture, create new friendships and facilitating the stay of incoming students in the Czech Republic.